Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Jody's Story

I have struggled for much of my adult life with weight and yo-yo'ed too much. My oldest daughter, Kerry, was diagnosed with a rare cancer in 2000 at age 23 and after three years of intense treatment Kerry passed away in May of 2003. As a result of stress, too much sitting (many hospital stays, etc.) I was at an all time high of 196 pounds by September 2004. I decided that for my own health both physical and emotional I needed to do "something" about it that would be lifelong and not a short term "fix". So I joined WW in September of 2004. I lost most of my weight the first 6 months but it took a little over a full year to get to goal of 155 which I made the day before Thanksgiving in 2005. Over the holidays in 2005 I gained a bit so it took a little while to get to Lifetime which I reached in February 2006. Since then I had taken off another 5 or so pounds but have concentrated on toning up and increasing my activity level. I dance most every noon hour, and also ride my bike when the weather cooperates, and bow flex for strength training (not enough). A cruise in early December and the holidays resulted in a gain and as of Monday 1/2/07 I weighed 163.2. I plan to lose it all and be at my goal of being in the 140's (even if it is 149) by my birthday in March. I hope to be well on my way by our get together on 1/27/07.
My other goals for this year are to concentrate on upper arms (bow flex), organize my house, take the bus more and count steps.

No comments: