Sunday, January 7, 2007

Hi from Gretchen


Here are a couple of pictures taken of me this last summer (2006) - they are part of what propelled me into WW. I have never had a weight problem until after I turned 40, but since then, the weight has been slowly creeping up. I finally got tired of it and decided that I was going to head the opposite direction before my 50th birthday.

This first before picture is taken near the ocean at Depoe Bay. Nice background, but I really didn't like the chunky person in the picture.

The second picture is from my family gathering in August- we were doing a high-ropes course element (very scary, BTW) and my brother snapped this shot of me in all my spare-tire glory. It was the final straw.

I am 20 pounds lighter now, but have no pictures to prove it. Maybe when I reach goal (another 10 pounds), someone will see fit to snap a photo!

3 comments:

Barb Macy said...

Gretchen, you have such a great smile and look like you enjoy life! Love the pics!!

Breanna-blog admin said...

you are so fun! can't wait to see your goal pics!! if no one else will take them, you let me know and i'll make a special trip to do a little photo shoot with the new and improved you!

Carole said...

Barb I was thinking the same thing about Gretchen. She does look like she enjoys life! Love the smiles. Gretchen you will be young forever with that great attitude. :)